Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tennis Tournament

Today I played in a tennis tournament. This tennis tournament was a round robin. It was supposed to be on Saturday, but it go delayed by the rain. In this round robin tournament, you played a total of seven games. I warmed up right before my first match. My first match was with a girl named Megan. This match was very easy for me. I got a couple of aces on her, and I rarely ever made any mistakes. I also did a lot of dropshot and winners. The tennis lesson from coach Doug helped me as well. In the end, I beat her seven to zero. The second match I had was with a girl named Kendle. I knew her from the summer team tennis. This match to me was a little challanging. Kendle would hit winners at me. The ready position lesson from coach Doug helped me. I didn't have any aces but a couple of winners. I mostly did dropshots then lobs to make her run all over the place. The slight tough time caused me to win five to two. My next match was against Jonna. I played Jonna in the last round robin tournament and I lost five to one. This time I gave him some dropshots and he got frustrated. He didn't control his anger and lost five to two. I was so happy that I made it to the finals.In the finals, against Manny I had a really tough time. He had a good lead but I didn't give up. I did my dropshots but he could get to them. I did a lot of dropshots in the beginning of the game. I saw that my strategy wasn't working so I changed it. I changed it to baseline shots. This helped me prevail and win Manny six to four. The finals was a set. This was a fun tournament.

1 comment: