Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tennis Lessons

Today I had tennis lessons with coach Doug. I had to start off with three laps around the court. Then I had to jump rope. I learned a lot of things. For example, I learned to have a better ready position. My old ready position made me slower and took me longer to prepare to return a serve, forhand, or backhand. This position made my shots better and more powerful. I believe that this position made me better at tennis. First, he told me to do a practice swing of my backhand. Another thing that I learned was to relax when I hit my backhand. He told me a couple of the mistakes and I fixed them. I used to hit it too hard or slice it too much. I noticed that the new position helped me with this part of the lesson. The third example is on my forehand. First, he told me to show a practice swing on my forehand. He told me a couple of the mistakes and I fixed them. I learned to bend a certain amount to do a good forehand. The new ready position helped me with this as well. Coach Doug didn't do volleying yet. Then I had a couple of serves. He told me that baseball could help my tennis game, and we did some catching and throwing. I had to start off with the fundamentals so I couldn't do my jump serves. I enjoyed the lesson and I think coach Doug taught me very well. He made me understand what he was saying.

2 comments:

  1. Shawn

    Can you please tell me,

    1. what are the differences between your old ready position and your new ready position?
    2. What are the couple of mistake that you did when you perform your backhand swing?
    3. What are the couple of mistake that you did when you perform your forehand swing?

    Thank you

    Toss

    ReplyDelete