Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tennis Lesson

Today I had another tennis lesson with Coach Doug. My family and I had a ball machine orientation with Coach Doug. Coach Doug told us how to adjust the height of the ball and how much it goes left and right. After the ball machine orientation, I had my tennis lesson while Shayn was using the ball machine. I had to start by running three laps around the tennis court while he was getting out the tennis ball cart. Then I had to jumprope forward. For some reason, I jumprope backwards which is not normal. I got somewhere around fifteen or more in a row. I started with groundstrokes at the tennis lesson. I started off with my forehand. We started off without the racket so I can see the right form of the swing. He also talked about the big muscles which are the hips, shoulder, and foot. Then he let me take some groundstrokes with my racket. I did the correct form sometimes but sometimes I messed up. After that I took some serves. He showed me the right form. I tryed doing it but I messed up sometimes because I am to used to my form. I could see that my serves were doing better with not that much effort. It seems as if the form helped my serve. I picked up the balls after my serves and then it was Shayn's turn.

1 comment: