Sunday, March 29, 2009

SATA tennis tournament

Today and yesterday I was in a SATA tennis tournament. SATA stands for Sacremento Area Tennis Association. In this tournament, you have to win two out of three sets. I warmed up before my first match. I had a bye for a match. My first match was against Scott Lucio at 12:30 P.M. The match was delayed for thirty minutes because there were no courts to use. He was a little challenging. Scott Lucio never gave up and had a good additude the whole time. He wasn't angry when he lost. I feel that he has good sportsmanship unlike Owen, a tennis player, that my brother played against. I had a lot of forehand and backhand winners. I had a lot of good dropshots that went in and some bad ones that went out. In this match, I learned to not underestimate my opponent because I thought I could beat him six to zero and six to zero. Instead of six to zero and six to zero, the final score was six to two and six to two. My second match was against a guy named Anthony A. at 9:00 A.M. My mom was videoing part of this match. In the first set, I was losing two to one. Then I came back and beat him six to four and six to four. This match was very difficult because there was a lot of wind and my opponent wouldn't show signs of weakness and didnt't give up. In the end, I won the match and got a first place trophy. I am so happy that I won.

No comments:

Post a Comment