Sunday, April 19, 2009

Coaching

Yesterday, I got had a tennis lesson from coach Doug. The tennis lesson was from 9:00AM to 10:00 AM. My family got to Broadstone 30 minutes earlier because my mom had yoga or step. I warmed up with Shayn befoer I went to my tennis lesson. I gave coach Doug the check and had to do the usual 3 laps. After that I had to jump rope. I noticed that i jump roped better than I did in a previous lesson. Then he gave me some balls to my forehand. He noticed that I my racket went to far back so he fixed the problem by telling me about it. Then he gave me a better grip for putting more topspin. After that we went to the wall to rally and practice the new grip. I like the new grip because it hits more solid shots and gave more topspin to my shot. Then we went back to the court to work on my serve. We did some throw and catch for a warm up and then I started serving. Coach Doug noticed that I slide my feet when I am serving so he told me and I fixed the problem but I still slide my feet sometimes. We were working on the feet for the serve this week. He said that I had good balance. I think that this tennis lesson has made my forehand a lot better and my serve a step closer to getting a good serve.

1 comment: